Just learned the news about the death of Melody Gersbach, Bb. Pilipinas International 2009 winner and semi-finalist to the 2009 Miss International search. (Thanks to colleague Lourdes Escaros-Paet of RMN Manila.)
Melody, Bicol designer Alden Orense, and driver Santos Ramos died in a car accident in Camarines Sur (Bicol) on their way to Naga City when their Toyota Innova collided with a passenger bus at around 11:00 a.m today, August 21, reports said.
Another car passenger, fashion designer Ronald Lita is battling for his life in the hospital as of this posting.
They were about to attend the preparation for Miss Bicolandia beauty pageant, which Gersbach sits as a committee chair.
The bus driver, Wilson Pontillas has surrendered to the police in nearby Pili town wherein the fatalities were brought. The wake for Melody will be held at Lignon Funeral Homes in Legazpi City, reports said.
Beauty pageant enthusiasts and Filipinos alike feel sad about Gersbach’s death, especially during the height of their campaign to have another Miss Universe title for the Philippines this coming Tuesday, August 24 in the name of another Bb. Pilipinas title holder, who is also a Bicolana, Maria Venus Raj.
Here’s the photo of her car.
October 11, 2013
- ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ Opens At No. 1 in PH with P67M Sales in 4 Days March 10, 2014
- Mike Tan believes ‘Kambal Sirena’ is the better mermaid TV series March 10, 2014
- Swimming Lessons To Get You Ready For Summer 2014 March 10, 2014
- Kim Chiu, Maja Salvador Reconciliation Seen March 8, 2014
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 With 239 Passengers ‘Missing’ March 8, 2014
- Gabriel Macht: Who Is He? March 7, 2014
- Hollywood Star Gabriel Macht to visit Ormoc for Project Wonderful March 7, 2014
- Creepy! Max Collins’ Doppelganger Captured In Photos During ‘Innamorata’ Taping February 26, 2014
- Drink Smart Ala-Slater Young February 24, 2014
- ‘Manny: The Movie’ to premiere at SXSW Film Festival in Texas February 23, 2014