TWENTY ONE year-old Filipino transgender Kevin Balot, a nursing graduate from Tarlac City, Philippines was crowned Miss International Queen 2012 Thursday night in Pattaya, Thailand.
The annual pageant, which was aired live on Thai television, is considered the Miss Universe-counterpart for transgenders or transsexuals organized by the Tiffany Show and Piton Communications.
Balot, who was also voted as Miss Photogenic bested 20 other contestants from 15 countries, all of them born male, who competed in the week-long annual event. Balot was the first Filipino to win the eight year-old pageant.
Jessika Simoes from Brazil won First Runner-Up while Thailand’s Panvilas Mongkol won Second Runner-Up.
Balot won $10,000 cash prize, a trophy and some other prizes, and “memories to last a lifetime”. With her success, the Filipino transgender beauty titlist has only one wish, “acceptance” from her family.
“I’m very proud to be the first here, and I hope my dad will accept me. Because in the family I’m the only boy, and my dad has big expectations of me. I made it. I won the International Queen Pageant, and I believe that my dad will accept me not only as his son but also as his daughter,” Balot said.
The pageant aims to provide an opportunity for transgender/transsexual to be more accepted in today’s world, create human rights awareness among international communities, and build friendship and exchange ideas among international lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender/transsexual communities, the pageant’s website said.
Another Filipino in the competition, Stefania Cruz, won Miss Ripley’s Popular Vote while the two others, Michelle Montecarlo and Miriam Jimenez made it to the Top 10.
Other Special Awards Winners:
Best Evening Gown – Sunny Dee-Lite (United States)
Miss Congeniality – Noah Herrera (Venezuela)
Miss National Costume – Yuki Tachibana (Japan)
The Angel Talent Competition – Beni Tukishima (Japan)
Miss Perfect Skin By Asoke Skin Hospital – Matricia Mae Centino (Guam)
Photos: Tiffany Show/Piton Communications
Incoming search terms:
- kevin balot biography
- Kevin Balot
- kevin balot before
- kevin balot before and after
- kevin balot nude
- kevin balot gown
- kevein balot gown
- miss gay thailand 2013
- miss perfect angel pattaya
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for MacMall.com, one of the top Apple resellers in the US. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as Web Manager of the Philippine Press Institute.
- Stay Cool! Wrangler’s Sun Chaser Instagram Promo Now On Its 2nd Week April 21, 2014
- 5 Reasons To Watch ‘Diary Ng Panget’ Movie April 19, 2014
- Travel Deals: Palawan Tour Packages 2014 April 19, 2014
- World’s Toughest Job: This Video Will Make You Cry April 16, 2014
- Menarini launches ‘Commit to Control PE’ advocacy for couples April 15, 2014
- To Dine Is To Love: A Return To Mesa-Clark April 13, 2014
- Manny Pacquiao gives Timothy Bradley his first loss April 13, 2014
- Chase the Sun with Wrangler & win an ultimate adventure April 12, 2014
- Marian Rivera’s Carmela Extended For 3 Weeks April 4, 2014
- Anne Curtis Hospitalized Due To Box Jellyfish Attack April 4, 2014