Shaina Magdayao and promising Kapamilya actor Bryan Santos provide viewers a heart-warming experience in Maalaala Mo Kaya’s year-end episode, “Coma” this Saturday, December 29.
The episode features the undying love of Enez (Shaina) and Marvin (Bryan) who fought hard for their marriage against difficulties.
Synopsis (Abs-cbn): “Instead of having their dream church wedding, Enez and Marvin just had a civil wedding because Enez became pregnant at a time when they were still financially unstable. The two started building dreams as a family but in the process, Enez’s strength and character were put to test when Marvin suffered paralysis on different parts of his body and later on got comatose. Despite the misfortunes, Enez never left her husband.”
How far will they go for their commitment to stay together, forever?
While we have seen Magdayao act in various Abs-cbn series this year aside from being a main stay in the Sunday variety show, “ASAP,” we barely see Santos either on big screen or on TV.
A Star Magic Talent, Santos was part of the 2009 film, “In My Life” as himself and the 2012 film, “The Reunion” as Von. In 2011, he did his first MMK episode, “Stroller.” His TV appearances include “e-Boy”, “Wansapanataym”, and “Imortal.”
With his looks and acting ability, Santos has a chance in making it big in the industry. This MMK 2012 final episode could make his chance even bigger should he leave a strong mark on viewer’s hearts and minds. Will he be able to do it? Check this trailer out.
Joining the two stars are Arlene Muhlach, Yayo Aguila, Emilio Garcia, Blythe Brillantes, Simon Ibarra, Shy Carlos, Jojit Lorenzo and Paco Evangelista. Akeem Jordan del Rosario did the research of the story which was written by Jaymar Castro and Arah Jell Badayos. The episode is directed by Nuel Crisostomo Naval.
Update 10:00pm on Saturday: Tonight’s episode was hailed as one of the most powerful MMK episodes this year. As expected of him, Bryan Santos did act fantastically equal to the performance of Magdayao. Hopefully, viewers who have witnessed him act and those who are reading this blog post could see more of Bryan both on TV and in films this 2013. Let’s wait and see what this newly-discovered real actor could offer us.
We’ll feature him in this blog as often as possible. Bookmark this site and follow us on Twitter @elysplanet.com for updates.
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
Follow Us On Instagram
- Aj Ramos speaks up amidst video scandal October 6, 2014
- The Aj Ramos Scandal: Why Is Everyone Happy About It? October 6, 2014
- Donate Your Broken Phones, Help Build Classrooms in Aklan October 5, 2014
- Edward Benosa to conquer showbiz with original, soulful songs October 5, 2014
- #GEN3NextACT: The Artistically Designed Globe Stores October 5, 2014
- Globe brings back Free Facebook for postpaid, prepaid, TM subscribers October 4, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014’s award-winning ‘The Janitor’ to open in regular theaters October 8 October 4, 2014
- Hey Joe Show: New Humor Vlog Features Bisaya-Speaking Americans October 3, 2014
- Healthy Is Hot: The Ellen Adarna Banned TVC Hits The Web September 25, 2014
- Bench’ The Naked Truth Postponed September 19, 2014