When it comes to reality TV singing competition, TV5′s “Kanta Pilipinas,” which is scheduled to premiere January or February 2013 is the most promising of all.
With all-original Filipino concept and with the internationally-acclaimed singer and stage actress, Lea Salonga as host, “Kanta Pilipinas” promises to provide a different search for the country’s next singing sensations.
“The show will chronicle the different stories of many Filipinos aspiring to have their talent be heard. Following their journey, their struggles and their triumphs, we will get to witness their transformation from being regular folks with raw talent to becoming a star,” Kanta Pilipinas said on its website.
In the reality show, the contestants will be working with the country’s top music producers “to hone their talent, collaborate, produce original compositions and develop their skills and personality,” the website added.
The Top 24 were presented through a music video shown to media early December 2012 and ElysPlanet.Com got to see some of them perform live during TV5′s Christmas party for the press.
Even as before the competition started, we could say they are among the Philippines’ promising singers.
Kanta Pilipinas Top 24
- Esther Martinez – Fierce biritera from Surigao
- Haizel Fernando – Commercial Model, Dancer, Song Writer and Singer from Makati
- Giancarlo Baldonido – Singapore based professional singer, cancer survivor
- Roshelle Soledad – Eazy Maze Band Singer (Padi’s Point)
- Adrian Joseph “A.J.” Tabaldo – singer from Santa Maria, California, former American Idol Contestant
- Jennifer Maravilla – New Born Divas Member, former Talentadong Pinoy Contestant
- Dea Jizelle Formilleza – former Star Power Contestant
- Carlo & Nicole – Siblings – Children of Filipino Jazz Singer Mon David, professional singers
- Allan Gonzales – Blind Inspirational Singer
- Janeth Gomez – former contestant Diz Iz It!
- Jacob Gayanelo – McDo Commercial, ABS-CBN Talent, Model, freelance Actor
- Allison Gonzales – Opera Belles member, SM Batangas Audition
- Gregory Llamosco – former Pilipinas Got Talent contestant, ABS-CBN Talent
- Zari Bilon – PNU Student, Are You the Next Big Star contestant – tagged as Alicia Keys of the Philippines
- Raz Mendoza – Graduating Student from Caloocan
- JB and Daniel – JB (Australia) Daniel (Metropop Contestant – KESA), Former artists
- Pia Diamante – SM North Edsa audition, Model
- Timmy Pavino – Pop Balladeer from Seattle, Washington, GMA Talent
- Thara Therese Jordana – Former ABS-CBN Star Magic Talent / Are You the Next Big Star contestant
- Isaiah Antonio – Internet Sensation (AMALAYER SONG PARODY)
- Ferns Tosco – Island Girl Singer from Boracay
- 5as1 – Las Vegas based (some members) professional group
- Ricky Deloviar – Iloilo Audition, former Protege season 1 contestant, GMA talent
- Chadleen Lacdo-o – Operation Smile Ambassadress – Charice Look a Like
Who among them will be declared first ever ‘Kanta Pilipinas’ winner? Join us as we follow the contestants reach for the star. Should you have early favorites, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
Salonga, a Tony Award winning Filipina celebrity sung the theme song together with the 24 finalists for this video.
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
March 8, 2013
Follow Us On Instagram
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014
- Win Globe Prepaid Load With Kadayawan 2014 Photo Contest August 15, 2014
- Globe brings products, services to ‘Kadayawan’ August 14, 2014
- Kadayawan Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities August 13, 2014
- Davao’s Kadayawan Festival 2014 Kicks Off August 13, 2014
- Anne Curtis, Cristine Reyes Clash Over Sam Milby In ‘The Gifted’ Movie August 13, 2014
- Robin Williams, 63, Dies In Apparent Suicide August 12, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014 Winners: Kasal, Bwaya Win Best Films August 10, 2014