“Sebastian Castro, who?”
You may ask.
In the YouTube video, he said, “I just came out of the closet on all my social media. I am gay. I am proud to be gay. I am proud to be one of you.”
The 22-year-old model was one of the 69 hunks featured at the controversial Cosmo Bash last year.
Should it be true, his coming out is a brave act especially in the Philippines where most men showbiz personalities wouldn’t dare to do for it’s tantamount to career suicide.
But I see the act aside from being ‘over-dramatic’ as Dale puts it, more of a publicity stunt. Well, Sebastian was able to get some attention for quite a few hours on Twitter as he’s been a trending topic tonight. And with bloggers and the local media picking it up, there’ll definitely be more of Sebastian in the next few hours, or maybe days.
I am more interested of what would it benefit his career and the fans in the future.
Well, if he could advocate for some gay rights or causes that involve the LGBT community, the better. That’s even better than being a talk of the town in social media for a few
hours days weeks.
It would be of greater impact though if his act could encourage known Filipino rumored gay personalities, the likes of Piolo Pascual and Enchong Dee to come out as well. Uhm, no, am not saying they’re confirmed gays. Unless they say it, let’s believe it as is.
UPDATE: I actually the got the chance to meet and talk with Sebastian (or Seb). He has been involved in a lot of projects for the welfare not only of the gay community but the public in general. You can find here more articles about him as he promotes safe sex and campaigns against the spread of HIV.
Or is coming out necessary?
I would like to think that coming out is no longer a big deal for Filipinos especially these days when almost everyone is gay. And those who still think that being gay is unacceptable are only the closet gays themselves or are just plain stupid.
Hey, it’s 2013!
Update: We featured Sebastian Castro and Enchong Dee on another post. Head on to this link to see their awesome photos.
Incoming search terms:
- sebastian castro nude
- Enchong dee and sebastian castro scandal
- sebastian castro scandal
- sebastian castro and enchong dee scandal
- enchong dee and sebastian castro
- enchong dee sebastian castro scandal
- Foto model gay
- sebastian castro and enchong dee
- sebastian castro model
- sebastian castro boyfriend
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for MacMall.com, one of the top Apple resellers in the US. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as Web Manager of the Philippine Press Institute.
November 28, 2013
October 3, 2013
- World’s Toughest Job: This Video Will Make You Cry April 16, 2014
- Menarini launches ‘Commit to Control PE’ advocacy for couples April 15, 2014
- To Dine Is To Love: A Return To Mesa-Clark April 13, 2014
- Manny Pacquiao gives Timothy Bradley his first loss April 13, 2014
- Chase the Sun with Wrangler & win an ultimate adventure April 12, 2014
- Marian Rivera’s Carmela Extended For 3 Weeks April 4, 2014
- Anne Curtis Hospitalized Due To Box Jellyfish Attack April 4, 2014
- Gilas Pilipinas vs PBA All Star selection highlights the PBA All Star Week on TV5 and AksyonTV April 4, 2014
- Ellen Adarna Goes Nude for Esquire Magazine April 4, 2014
- Accept Card Payments Thru Your Phone With Globe Charge April 3, 2014