Being the hottest teen love team in the Philippine showbiz today, Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo are now facing the biggest challenge on their career — to do well in the box office with their love team’s launching film, “Must Be Love” that’s set to open in theaters on March 13.
While the two have successfully translated their onscreen chemistry on television into a great success (in terms of high ratings) of the now defunct TV series, ‘Princess and I’, the box office is a different thing.
Films are not like soap operas wherein people can just wait for the respective time slots and watch, then be counted in almost unreliable surveys in order for ‘success’ to be gauged
with the help of media hype.
Here, people need to take time to go to the cinemas, pay for movie tickets, and tweet or shout out something positive on social media sites to even have the impact at least be qualified, if not be quantified.
Are their supporters willing to do all that?
Well, there’s nothing impossible for die-hard fans. So let’s just wait and see on its first week.
Did their love team’s appearances on films, “24/7 In Love” and “Sisterakas” last year enough to make ‘Must Be Love’ a box office success?
Okay, we already asked several questions regarding external factors that may affect the film’s performance in the box office. That’s all for now. Let’s leave the film’s story and the couple’s acting and other film’s aspects to surprise us on March 13.
Hoping that it’s a good one. Really.
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
April 19, 2014
January 12, 2014
Follow Us On Instagram
- Bench’ The Naked Truth Postponed September 19, 2014
- Miguel Tanfelix brings Niño to life; celebrates birthday with special children September 19, 2014
- Misters of the Philippines 2014 Winners September 8, 2014
- Janine, Elmo to grace GMA Network’s prime time with ‘More Than Words’ September 5, 2014
- Driving Around Town with Chevrolet Sonic September 3, 2014
- Canon releases new portable projectors to meet growing demand September 3, 2014
- Top 12 Contenders for Misters of the Philippines 2014 September 3, 2014
- A dream-come-true for 5 lucky basketball fans September 3, 2014
- ‘SHREK The Musical’ to come to Manila this September September 2, 2014
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014