Being the hottest teen love team in the Philippine showbiz today, Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo are now facing the biggest challenge on their career — to do well in the box office with their love team’s launching film, “Must Be Love” that’s set to open in theaters on March 13.
While the two have successfully translated their onscreen chemistry on television into a great success (in terms of high ratings) of the now defunct TV series, ‘Princess and I’, the box office is a different thing.
Films are not like soap operas wherein people can just wait for the respective time slots and watch, then be counted in almost unreliable surveys in order for ‘success’ to be gauged
with the help of media hype.
Here, people need to take time to go to the cinemas, pay for movie tickets, and tweet or shout out something positive on social media sites to even have the impact at least be qualified, if not be quantified.
Are their supporters willing to do all that?
Well, there’s nothing impossible for die-hard fans. So let’s just wait and see on its first week.
Did their love team’s appearances on films, “24/7 In Love” and “Sisterakas” last year enough to make ‘Must Be Love’ a box office success?
Okay, we already asked several questions regarding external factors that may affect the film’s performance in the box office. That’s all for now. Let’s leave the film’s story and the couple’s acting and other film’s aspects to surprise us on March 13.
Hoping that it’s a good one. Really.
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
April 19, 2014
January 12, 2014
Follow Us On Instagram
- Aj Ramos speaks up amidst video scandal October 6, 2014
- The Aj Ramos Scandal: Why Is Everyone Happy About It? October 6, 2014
- Donate Your Broken Phones, Help Build Classrooms in Aklan October 5, 2014
- Edward Benosa to conquer showbiz with original, soulful songs October 5, 2014
- #GEN3NextACT: The Artistically Designed Globe Stores October 5, 2014
- Globe brings back Free Facebook for postpaid, prepaid, TM subscribers October 4, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014’s award-winning ‘The Janitor’ to open in regular theaters October 8 October 4, 2014
- Hey Joe Show: New Humor Vlog Features Bisaya-Speaking Americans October 3, 2014
- Healthy Is Hot: The Ellen Adarna Banned TVC Hits The Web September 25, 2014
- Bench’ The Naked Truth Postponed September 19, 2014