For many Filipinos, this long weekend provides time to travel, to relax or to get a lot of sleep (aside from the time to reflect). And for movie addicts, it’s the perfect time to feast on good films.
But if there’s one film every Christian should watch this Good Friday, it should be ‘The Passion of the Christ’ by Mel Gibson. More than Gibson’s A+ directing, fantastic cinematography and believable portrayals of the characters especially by lead actor James Caviezel (Jesus Christ), this film directly hits every viewer’s heart.
I could still remember how the film broke our hearts a few years ago. Even the hearts of the ‘macho fathers’ I’ve known before. It reminded us of how Christ loves everyone, especially the sinners. Despite the controversies that accompanied the film all through out its release, it paved the way for many Christians to strengthen, if not renew their faith in Christ. Definitely, the film opened many doors for a deeper relationship with the Savior.
I think today, more than ever is the best time to watch it once again as we reflect on the love of God, on how we are expressing that love for Him by the way we treat our fellows, especially our enemies.
Sharing here with you the full movie you could watch right on your desktop/laptop/mac now. Should you wanna watch it in Filipino, TV5 Manila is also showing it on TV today.
Just prepare with you a few hankies if not a blanket before you click the play button for you’re into shedding buckets of tears all throughout the film.
Enjoy the film and have a blessed Good Friday!
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
August 4, 2013
August 1, 2013
August 1, 2013
July 29, 2013
Follow Us On Instagram
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014
- Win Globe Prepaid Load With Kadayawan 2014 Photo Contest August 15, 2014
- Globe brings products, services to ‘Kadayawan’ August 14, 2014
- Kadayawan Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities August 13, 2014
- Davao’s Kadayawan Festival 2014 Kicks Off August 13, 2014
- Anne Curtis, Cristine Reyes Clash Over Sam Milby In ‘The Gifted’ Movie August 13, 2014
- Robin Williams, 63, Dies In Apparent Suicide August 12, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014 Winners: Kasal, Bwaya Win Best Films August 10, 2014