[Updated] A UP BS Chemistry graduate from the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) in Laguna, Ariella Arida was crowned Miss Philippines Universe 2013.
Arida bested 49 other ladies vying for the Miss Universe Philippines 2013 crown in the just concluded Binibining Pilipinas 2013 pageant held at the Araneta Coliseum Sunday night, April 14.
Asked by Philippine National Police Chief Allan Purisima what one lesson women can teach men, Arida mentioned about “being sensitive” adding men are more logical and straightforward. Women on the other hand use their heart. “Sensitivity is the one lesson that women can teach men,” she reiterated.
[Update] Here’s the full transcript of Ariella Arida’s answer during the Q&A portion:
One lesson in life that we, women, can teach men is being sensitive. Because we all know that men are more logical when it comes to decision. They usually are more rational, straight forward. Unlike we, women, we use our heart and we tend to get emotional in some of our decisions… For me, sensitivity is something that we can teach men.
A BS Chemistry graduate from the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2013 Ariella Arida will compete to the annual Miss Universe pageant this year.
The 24-year-old beauty is yet another exotic Filipina beauty to win the Miss Universe Philippines crown after Venus Raj (2010) and Janine Tugonon (2012) who both emerged as runners-up in the annual Miss Universe pageant. Before becoming the Filipina beauty set to rock the universe once again come July 2013, Arida is already a ramp model, swimmer, runner, and volleyball player.
Will her beauty surpass what the three previous Miss Universe Philippines candidates have achieved?
Critics and several pageant fanatics said she’s just an average woman who didn’t really shine bright during the coronation night and she was least expected to win the crown. Supporters however said she’s a very stunning Filipina beauty that could be the third Miss Universe from the country. The first after four decades. The last Filipina Miss Universe was Margie Moran (Floriendo) who was crowned Miss Universe in 1972. The Philippines got it first crown in 1969 with Gloria Diaz.
Arida told press after the pageant she didn’t expect to win but since she’s now carrying the responsibility to make the nation proud, she said she’s up to the challenge of winning the crown. The lady still has a few months to prepare before the competition late this year with exact date and venue yet to be announced.
“I’ve never been this hardworking in my entire life,” the newly-crowned beauty queen said. “I used to be just an average person, I don’t usually work hard because I would feel depressed if I fail. But during this pageant, I really worked hard physically, mentally, and emotionally. So yes, the pressure, I can handle it, I’m prepared and I’m ready to face all the challenges that will come to me.”
Is she deserving of the crown? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
See official list of Binibining Pilipinas 2013 winners here.
Here’s how she does during the coronation night:
Incoming search terms:
- ariella arida
- miss universe 2013
- Miss Philippines Universe 2013
- miss universe 2013 philippines
- miss universe philippines 2013
- miss universe 2013 candidates
- Ariella Arida swimsuit
- ariella arida nude
- ARIELLA ARIDA MISS PHILIPPINES
- ariella arida bikini
November 5, 2013
August 4, 2013
August 1, 2013
- Bela Padilla conquers Singapore’s showbiz scene March 11, 2014
- ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ Opens At No. 1 in PH with P67M Sales in 4 Days March 10, 2014
- Mike Tan believes ‘Kambal Sirena’ is the better mermaid TV series March 10, 2014
- Swimming Lessons To Get You Ready For Summer 2014 March 10, 2014
- Kim Chiu, Maja Salvador Reconciliation Seen March 8, 2014
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 With 239 Passengers ‘Missing’ March 8, 2014
- Gabriel Macht: Who Is He? March 7, 2014
- Hollywood Star Gabriel Macht to visit Ormoc for Project Wonderful March 7, 2014
- Creepy! Max Collins’ Doppelganger Captured In Photos During ‘Innamorata’ Taping February 26, 2014
- Drink Smart Ala-Slater Young February 24, 2014