Here’s the full letter of the Inday Barretto to her child, Gretchen after the controversy that originated from comments on Instagram about Marjorie’s daughter Julia Barretto entering the show business. This was published in Ricky Lo’s column on Philippine Star today. Barretto sisters Gretchen, Marjorie and Claudine were reportedly on a word war.
You are a liar, Gretchen.
Many of your preys will attest to that soon. That is the style that you use when you want to play with other people’s lives!
To correct your lies…
• You claim Claudine said, ‘She will block Julia’s entry to Star Magic.’ Who did Claudine say it to… you? Or did you just make this up to put Claudine in trouble with Star Magic and make Julia’s big following angry with Claudine? You did that before. Besides, Julia is very much “in” at Star Magic now.
• That Claudine said she is the only Teleserye Princess of ABS-CBN and will remain one ‘till eternity. Hah? Did she tell you that or did you make it up again to block her entry to an ABS-CBN project?
First of all, Claudine was not a Teleserye Princess. She was ABS-CBN Teleserye Queen during her time, just like you were ST Queen during yours.
And, hello, showbiz holds no franchise to eternity.
Owners and big bosses go to hell, too, or to heaven in time!
• That Claudine will ruin Julia’s career? Why would she? Next to Marjorie, “No one can love those (Marjorie’s) children more than Claudine!!!”
There is a track record to that. At hindi isang kagaya mo lang ang maka-manipulate niyan.
Huwag mo naman gawing tanga ‘yung mga tao, Gretchen. They and we all know that “Claudine holds no power over the industry!”
Who do you think Claudine is — the Evil Queen of Bhutan?
• Raymart left home? Yes, it is true.
For a cooling off period? — Sana.
But if God wills it to be permanent, huwag naman sana. But still, our life is not in our hands! So, Gretchen, do you also want to include God in your “bashing” and drip your perfumed saliva for the misfortune of your sister?
• Claudine has violent ways? Ay, talaga? Correct!
Nagbabasag ng plato at tasa ‘yan; buti na lang plastic, hindi ‘yung regalo ni Pres. Erap sa wedding.
I saw Claudine nagbato ng sapatos, natamaan ang pusa! Nabasa ‘yung shoes.
I also witnessed you, Gretchen, ah! When you were throwing expensive plates and vases at that time I was called to go to your place because nagwawala ka and you were threatening to swallow pills.
Muntik pa nga akong matamaan kaya I ran out of the house to the car on a Typhoon Signal No. 3, soaking wet. Pinalayas ako!
Yes, Claudine’s career slowed down but her talent did not!
What she holds on “record” for achievement, is “not gone” for how can you lose what you already have in your hand and kept in people’s mind? She doesn’t have to prove anything.
Julia and others will fare on their own — never dependent on anyone, comparable to none. They each have a gift from God! Oh yes, Julia is terrific, another good one coming. You are insecure if you believe anyone can block that! For the record, that (your insecurity) can be supported by a well-known doctor.
Claudine has no “mental illness”…”mental torture,” yes, courtesy of an evil manipulation!
Some of these incidents will support it.
You attack Claudine with verbal abuse by phone and text messages, like these:
• Sabina — negra daughter of yours
• Santino — abnoy
• Raymart — bakla for not siding with you.
You told Claudine that she has no more career to go back to. Bakit, si Malou Santos ka ba, si Vic del Rosario ka ba?
Ipadadampot — for what? (Planted or framed up.) There are bashers — 10, 15 or more, when one is popular — and still you would still like to accuse your sister as the culprit!
Do not call Claudine evil!
Do not start giving away that title that belongs to you and you alone, now that it’s burning your palm and scarring your beautiful face.
Some basher called Julia “maarte” and you blow your top.
You call Claudine evil, prepare to attack her and you want me to be “angelic?”
Ang dali-dali n’yo lang manakit ng tao. Power drunk! Pero pag kayo na, konting pitik gusto n’yo na magpakulong.
I am taking this fight — now in front of the battle.
I am going to take all the bullets you shoot.
Watch and beware it will ricochet kapagka ina na ang binaril.
Stop, please stop. Stop it na, ha! Stop it naaaaa!!!
For the longest time now and all these years you did nothing but make it your favorite pastime to play with the lives of my family, the family you are ashamed to own, in spite of the fact that I brought you all up well, humble and human!
You have attacked, accused, maligned and tried to destroy each and everyone of us in the eyes of society, starting from your father, I your mother, and each and everyone of your siblings including their partners!
People ask and some who do not know any better, might believe that maybe we’re cruel parents, neglectful and remiss in our duties to you! Only, you, alone? Because no one else is complaining about their childhood!
How easy for me to have explained my side, but how can a mother defend herself without destroying a child of hers no matter that she is EVIL?
Most importantly, I could not in all conscience correct the bad “impression” (image) you gave us. The truth is: This impression is the “Deceptive Device” you used to hook your man and landed you on the moon shining bright like a diamond!
I kept mum not wanting to rock your world but you are wrecking ours!
Gretchen, I am not a wimp, never been one, but lahat may “hangganan.” I have protected you all these years without exposing to the world the real you. But you have pushed many of us to the wall. There’s no other way but for us to defend our names! I have always loved you as one of my own, and always will, but love of my family belongs to the heart and not in the garbage can!
I am letting go of a child now who never wanted me in order to save one who has always been there for all, and with all of her love…Claudine!
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
Follow Us On Instagram
- Aj Ramos speaks up amidst video scandal October 6, 2014
- The Aj Ramos Scandal: Why Is Everyone Happy About It? October 6, 2014
- Donate Your Broken Phones, Help Build Classrooms in Aklan October 5, 2014
- Edward Benosa to conquer showbiz with original, soulful songs October 5, 2014
- #GEN3NextACT: The Artistically Designed Globe Stores October 5, 2014
- Globe brings back Free Facebook for postpaid, prepaid, TM subscribers October 4, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014’s award-winning ‘The Janitor’ to open in regular theaters October 8 October 4, 2014
- Hey Joe Show: New Humor Vlog Features Bisaya-Speaking Americans October 3, 2014
- Healthy Is Hot: The Ellen Adarna Banned TVC Hits The Web September 25, 2014
- Bench’ The Naked Truth Postponed September 19, 2014