“Wala naman sa kasarian ‘yan eh, basta nagmamahalan.”
This is the statement of hunk actor Zanjoe Marudo when asked about his opinion on ‘Bromance’ or relationship between two males at the press conference of his launching movie under Star Cinema, “Bromance: My Brother’s Romance” on May 5 at Dolce Latte in Quezon City.
In the film, Marudo portrays two roles, one of which is a gay who is in a relationship with a man.
Though his film is not focused on gay relationships, it involves some romantic scenes between him and actor Carlo Romero.
Marudo was quick to say he had no problem with romantic scenes between two men.
The actor also explained he is not aloof with gays at all as he’s been surrounded with gays since childhood.
“Siguro, lumaki rin ako na maraming bading sa paligid. Sa Antipolo (where he used to live), gabi-gabi, maraming nag-mi Miss Gay sa kalye,” Marudo said.
The actor who gain popularity from reality-TV show “Pinoy Big Brother” added he is okay to do gay movies for life. And to be another Dolphy or Roderick Paulate who became popular for their gay roles in comedy films is such an honor for him, he told the media.
Asked on whether he is willing to do “Brokeback” or serious romantic gay-themed film, the actor answered yes.
“Brokeback” refers to the 2005 Ang Lee film, “The Brokeback Mountain” starring the late Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. The film has been very controversial for it includes romantic relationship and sex scenes between two men.
The actor however joked he doesn’t know what Brokeback means.
More comedy actors
Director Wenn Deramas said the Philippine cinema needs more comedy actors, and Marudo is very promising, thus, he could be what is needed by the industry.
Fresh from the success of the Metro Manila Film Festival 2012 film, “Sisterakas,” which as of press time remains the Philippines box office film of all time, the director showered Marudo with praises for being a good comedy actor.
Though he isn’t expecting “Bromance” to break box office records, he is praying for its success “para kay Zanjoe.” The actor was the reason why he accepted the offer to direct the film produced by Skylight Films, the indie arm of Star Cinema, Deramas added.
Marudo’s leading lady, Cristine Reyes said Marudo is a good actor and working with him is “fun” for the actor is “very professional” and talented.
The support cast include Arlene Muchlach, Manuel Chua, Boom Labrusca, Nikki Valdez, Maricar De Mesa, Abby Bautista, Maliksi Morales, Joy Viado, Joey Paras, Lassy Marquez, Beauty Gonzales and Jeff Luna.
“Sabi nila, hindi nabibili ang kaligayahan. Pero heto po, binebenta po namin ang kaligayahan, P200 lang,” Marudo said, inviting moviegoers to watch his film.
Star Cinema’s “Bromance” will open in Philippine theaters on May 15, two days after the Elections. We’ll definitely watch and write a review here soon. Bookmark us.
Incoming search terms:
- zanjoe marudo naked
- zanjoe marudo frontal nudity
- bromance carlo romero zanjoe
- zanjoe marudo fake nude
- naked zajoe marudo
- Kasarian by zanjoe marudo
- cast of bromance
- carlo romero bromance
- carlo romero and zanjoe marudo
- zanjoe marudo nude
- Gabriel Macht: Who Is He? March 7, 2014
- Hollywood Star Gabriel Macht to visit Ormoc for Project Wonderful March 7, 2014
- Creepy! Max Collins’ Doppelganger Captured In Photos During ‘Innamorata’ Taping February 26, 2014
- Drink Smart Ala-Slater Young February 24, 2014
- ‘Manny: The Movie’ to premiere at SXSW Film Festival in Texas February 23, 2014
- A safer way to get stem cells February 20, 2014
- Unfriend Me Not, Sandino Martin February 19, 2014
- ‘Starting Over Again’ Movie Review February 19, 2014
- Half-Pinay Anna Gjersem competes in Women’s Figure Skating Wed on TV5 February 19, 2014
- Plan to hold Miss World 2014 in the Philippines bared February 6, 2014