A 6.3-feet model from Lapu-Lapu City, Gil Wagas was crowned Mister Philippines International 2013 on June 21 at the Fil-Oil Flying V Arena in San Juan City.
Wagas, who was also awarded Best in Barong, Mister Psalmstre, and Mister Informatics bested 23 other hunk-candidates in the annual male pageant. He will be representing the Philippines in the upcoming Mister International competition in Jakarta, Indonesia this November 21.
[Note: ElysPlanet.Com covered the events together with friends ShowbizNest.Com, Starmometer.Com, and Photographer Allan Sarcon. OPMB Worldwide Jory Rivera was also with us in the event. It was such a fun night, filled with handsome hunks though my ultimate favorites Cainta and Negros didn't make it to the Top 3. Will post about the experience in a separate post.]
Dumaguete’s Wilfred Placencia won First Runner-Up while Bacolod City’s Jeffrey Sanchez won Second Runner-Up.
The crowd favorite, Troy Cuizon of Cainta Rizal who was awarded Mister Envy Salon, Mister Lancaster Hotel, and Mister Photogenic (shared with early favorite Billy Villeta of Negros) made it to the Top 6. Completing the Top 6 are Cebu City’s John Paul Preston and Bukidnon’s William Goniabo.
One of the strongest candidates, Negros’ Villeta made it to Top 12 but didn’t make it to the final list. Other Top 12 semi-finalists are Quezon City’s John Edward Custodio, Filipino-Japan Community’s Jeffrey Yamanouchi, Pila Laguna’s Ronald Kim Legaspi, Surigao Del Norte’s Frenchie Bonn Petallo, and Cavite City’s Bon Edouard Quinto (online voting winner).
BEST IN BARONG: Gil Wagas of Lapu-Lapu City
MISTER ENVY ME SALON: Troy Cuizon of Cainta, Rizal
MISTER LANCASTER HOTEL: Troy Cuizon of Cainta, Rizal
MISTER PSALMSTRE: Gil Wagas of Lapu-Lapu City
MISTER SHOWBIZ SOSYAL: John Edward Custodio of Quezon City
MISTER INFORMATICS: Gil Wagas of Lapu-Lapu City
MISTER PHOTOGENIC: Billy Villeta of Negros & Troy Cuizon of Cainta, Rizal
MISTER FRIENDSHIP: Jeffrey Yamanouchi of the Fil-Japan Community
MISTER SWIMWEAR: Jeffrey Yamanouchi of the Fil-Japan Community
The event’s official tabulator is Informatics. The panel of judges include Lilibeth Pernecita, Cary Santiago, Albert Andrada, Czarina Gatbonton, John and Paul Herrera, Aaron Lim, Mister International 2012 First Runner-Up Singaporean Ron Teh, Mister International 2012 Ali Hammoud (Lebanon), Alex Moico, Dr. Radi Apostol, Renee Salud and Jim Acosta.
Are you happy with the results? Let us know in the comments.
More updates and photos to be posted shortly.
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
November 21, 2013
November 21, 2013
Follow Us On Instagram
- ‘SHREK The Musical’ to come to Manila this September September 2, 2014
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014
- Win Globe Prepaid Load With Kadayawan 2014 Photo Contest August 15, 2014
- Globe brings products, services to ‘Kadayawan’ August 14, 2014
- Kadayawan Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities August 13, 2014
- Davao’s Kadayawan Festival 2014 Kicks Off August 13, 2014
- Anne Curtis, Cristine Reyes Clash Over Sam Milby In ‘The Gifted’ Movie August 13, 2014
- Robin Williams, 63, Dies In Apparent Suicide August 12, 2014