Actress MEGAN YOUNG has what it takes to be the next Filipina beauty queen.
At least she and her followers believe.
That failure to join Binibining Pilipinas 2013 earlier this year due to her artistic pose for a men’s magazine did not hinder the 23-year-old actress from attaining her desire to be the next Filipina beauty to represent the country in an international pageant.
On Sunday, July 21, Young joined the screening for Miss World Philippines 2013 held at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. Her first step to becoming the first ever Miss World from the Philippines. Fans are hopeful that she’ll make the local screening’s cut.
A Showbiz Personality
Born on February 27, 1990, Megan Lynne Young made it into showbiz through GMA’s StarStruck and has become more popular when she transferred to GMA’s rival network, ABS-CBN. Young is best known for being a former celebrity housemate on Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2.
She has appeared in several ABS-CBN shows already including the 2012 drama series, Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Hiyas and A Beautiful Affair.
This year, Megan appeared on TV 5′s Never Say Goodbye as Vera, and as Lara Borromeo in the newly-launched series, Misibis Bay.
Will her being a showbiz personality advance her chances of winning the crown?
MWP Screening Extended
Filipinas who have all the guts to battle against Young still have the time to do so. The screening for Miss World Philippines is extended. The last set of screening will be held at Solaire Resorts and Casino on Monday, July 29.
Are we gonna make it this year?
Miss World Philippines 2013 winner will be competing against over a hundred other ladies from around the world for the 63rd Miss World at the Sentul International Convention Center in Java, Indonesia on September 28.
If locally-produced beauty queens fare well in the Miss Universe pageant recently so does in Miss World since Cory Quirino got the franchise three years ago.
In 2011, the first ever MWP winner under the new franchisee, Gwendoline Ruais emerged as Miss World 2011 First Runner-up. Its success continued in 2012 when the reigning Miss World Philippines, Queenierich Rehman made it to the Top 15.
Will 2013 be a good year for a Filipina Miss World contender? Is Megan Young the Filipina we are talking about? Any thoughts, folks?
Consider there photos:
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
August 10, 2013
Follow Us On Instagram
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014
- Win Globe Prepaid Load With Kadayawan 2014 Photo Contest August 15, 2014
- Globe brings products, services to ‘Kadayawan’ August 14, 2014
- Kadayawan Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities August 13, 2014
- Davao’s Kadayawan Festival 2014 Kicks Off August 13, 2014
- Anne Curtis, Cristine Reyes Clash Over Sam Milby In ‘The Gifted’ Movie August 13, 2014
- Robin Williams, 63, Dies In Apparent Suicide August 12, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014 Winners: Kasal, Bwaya Win Best Films August 10, 2014