Actress MEGAN YOUNG has what it takes to be the next Filipina beauty queen.
At least she and her followers believe.
That failure to join Binibining Pilipinas 2013 earlier this year due to her artistic pose for a men’s magazine did not hinder the 23-year-old actress from attaining her desire to be the next Filipina beauty to represent the country in an international pageant.
On Sunday, July 21, Young joined the screening for Miss World Philippines 2013 held at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. Her first step to becoming the first ever Miss World from the Philippines. Fans are hopeful that she’ll make the local screening’s cut.
A Showbiz Personality
Born on February 27, 1990, Megan Lynne Young made it into showbiz through GMA’s StarStruck and has become more popular when she transferred to GMA’s rival network, ABS-CBN. Young is best known for being a former celebrity housemate on Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2.
She has appeared in several ABS-CBN shows already including the 2012 drama series, Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Hiyas and A Beautiful Affair.
This year, Megan appeared on TV 5′s Never Say Goodbye as Vera, and as Lara Borromeo in the newly-launched series, Misibis Bay.
Will her being a showbiz personality advance her chances of winning the crown?
MWP Screening Extended
Filipinas who have all the guts to battle against Young still have the time to do so. The screening for Miss World Philippines is extended. The last set of screening will be held at Solaire Resorts and Casino on Monday, July 29.
Are we gonna make it this year?
Miss World Philippines 2013 winner will be competing against over a hundred other ladies from around the world for the 63rd Miss World at the Sentul International Convention Center in Java, Indonesia on September 28.
If locally-produced beauty queens fare well in the Miss Universe pageant recently so does in Miss World since Cory Quirino got the franchise three years ago.
In 2011, the first ever MWP winner under the new franchisee, Gwendoline Ruais emerged as Miss World 2011 First Runner-up. Its success continued in 2012 when the reigning Miss World Philippines, Queenierich Rehman made it to the Top 15.
Will 2013 be a good year for a Filipina Miss World contender? Is Megan Young the Filipina we are talking about? Any thoughts, folks?
Consider there photos:
Incoming search terms:
- megan young
- megan young miss philippines 2013
- megan young miss world philippines 2013
- megan young philippines
- miss world 2013 philippines
- meagan young miss world 2013
- miss world philippines 2013 megan young
- birthplace of megan young the beauty queen
August 10, 2013
- Bela Padilla conquers Singapore’s showbiz scene March 11, 2014
- ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ Opens At No. 1 in PH with P67M Sales in 4 Days March 10, 2014
- Mike Tan believes ‘Kambal Sirena’ is the better mermaid TV series March 10, 2014
- Swimming Lessons To Get You Ready For Summer 2014 March 10, 2014
- Kim Chiu, Maja Salvador Reconciliation Seen March 8, 2014
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 With 239 Passengers ‘Missing’ March 8, 2014
- Gabriel Macht: Who Is He? March 7, 2014
- Hollywood Star Gabriel Macht to visit Ormoc for Project Wonderful March 7, 2014
- Creepy! Max Collins’ Doppelganger Captured In Photos During ‘Innamorata’ Taping February 26, 2014
- Drink Smart Ala-Slater Young February 24, 2014