HE IS NO Daniel Padilla but RJ Padilla, the former’s half brother makes a noise of his own.
Though new to the world of show business, his stance and manner of speaking that shows a typical “Padilla” and acts show signs of being the next “Bad Boy of Philippine Television.”
‘Bad Boy’ has been a name long associated with Padilla especially with his uncle, Robin, brother of his dad, Rommel.
RJ, 24, ‘astounded the audience at a regional show in Batangas City when he unexpectedly took his shirt off in the middle of his production number,’ a GMA news insider said in an article sent to ElysPlanet.Com.
“Members of the audience screamed at the sight of RJ’s six pack abs.”
RJ revealed that it wasn’t planned but he just decided to push his limits further and gave the audience one hell of a show.
Does it bother him to be branded as the “Justin Beiber of the Philippines” as the “going shirtless” act is a Beiber thing? RJ said his half brother, Daniel Padilla, is better suited for the title.
“Masarap yung feeling na maraming nagulat [sa ginawa ko] kasi dati akong payat: nag-umpisa ako na 113 lbs. lang ang timbang ko kaya malaking achievement din na makuha ko yung 135 lbs. na weight ko ngayon,” RJ said.
“Basta mapasaya ko ang mga tao, OK sa akin,” declared RJ.
RJ is one of the stars of “With A Smile,” an ongoing morning series of GMA Network. With A Smile stars Christian Bautista, Mikael Daez and Andrea Torres. He is also one of the final 10 new members (or ‘Bagong Gang’) of the longest running gag show in the Philippines, “Bubble Gang.”
“Napakasarap ng pakiramdam,” shared RJ. “Nagpapasalamat nga ako sa Diyos kasi napaka-laking blessing para sa akin na makasama ko ang mga magagaling na artista katulad nina Mikael Daez, Andrea Torres, Christian Bautista, Direk Louie Ignacio, etc. Thankful ako na napabilang ako sa cast ng ‘With A Smile.’”
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
August 26, 2013
Follow Us On Instagram
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014
- Win Globe Prepaid Load With Kadayawan 2014 Photo Contest August 15, 2014
- Globe brings products, services to ‘Kadayawan’ August 14, 2014
- Kadayawan Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities August 13, 2014
- Davao’s Kadayawan Festival 2014 Kicks Off August 13, 2014
- Anne Curtis, Cristine Reyes Clash Over Sam Milby In ‘The Gifted’ Movie August 13, 2014
- Robin Williams, 63, Dies In Apparent Suicide August 12, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014 Winners: Kasal, Bwaya Win Best Films August 10, 2014