WITH THE announcement of the Apple iPhone 5C earlier today, Filipino Apple fans join the whole world in welcoming the new product with big consideration of its price when sold in the Philippines.
Much as we wanted to say that “C” on iPhone 5C stands for “Cheap” but it’s not really the case.
There’s no official pricing announced for the Philippines yet though possible arrival in the country would be in December 2013, the same day of the release in some 100 countries more.
But with the pricing and availability has been announced for the US and other Asian countries, the closest we could compare in terms of price is the retail price in Hongkong.
Apple Hong Kong site says the 16GB iPhone 5C is priced at HKD4,688. That is equivalent to PhP26,487. Giving a little margin, the same model maybe sold in the Philippines at P25,000 the lowest. The 32GB may be sold at P32,000 or more.
So if you’re planning to buy the iPhone 5C, just get your budget ready by now. The prices would be more or less on that range.
It will be released in the US and a few select countries on September 20.
When it comes to performance and specifications, the iPhone 5C is actually the equivalent of the iPhone 5, which will be soon phased out. Here’s the other specs of the colored phone:
4.0-inch IPS LCD display @ 640×1136 pixels, 326ppi
Corning Gorilla Glass 2
Apple A6 1.2GHz dual-core processor
PowerVR SGX543MP3 (triple-core)
16GB, 32GB internal storage
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band
DC-HSDPA 42Mbps, LTE 100Mbps
8MP iSight camera, LED flash
1080p video recording
1.2MP HD front-facing camera, 720p @ 30fps
GPS w/ aGPS support, GLONASS
132 grams (weight)
124.4 mm x 59.2 mm x 8.97 mm (dimensions)
Are you planning to buy the iPhone 5C?
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
Follow Us On Instagram
- Misters of the Philippines 2014 Winners September 8, 2014
- Janine, Elmo to grace GMA Network’s prime time with ‘More Than Words’ September 5, 2014
- Canon releases new portable projectors to meet growing demand September 3, 2014
- Top 12 Contenders for Misters of the Philippines 2014 September 3, 2014
- A dream-come-true for 5 lucky basketball fans September 3, 2014
- ‘SHREK The Musical’ to come to Manila this September September 2, 2014
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014
- Win Globe Prepaid Load With Kadayawan 2014 Photo Contest August 15, 2014