PHILIPPINES’ BET to the Miss World 2013 pageant, actress Megan Young might be the subject of conversations in the Philippines and other parts of the world today as she’s been eyed as the next beauty to hold the Miss World crown, and the first from the Philippines. With the limelight focused on her, we decided to check on her profile and share with you guys here who really is MEGAN YOUNG.
Born on February 27, 1990 in Olongapo City, Philippines, Megan holds a dual citizenship: Filipino-American.
Young attended high school in Trinity University of Asia in Quezon City and is now taking up Digital Film making at the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde.
She first made a name for herself when she joined the reality talent search ‘Starstruck” in GMA Network wherein she ended in Top 3 alongside Ryza Cenon and Lj Reyes. She eventually became a member of the GMA Artist Center after the talent search won by Cenon.
After a few years in the Kapuso network, she moved to the Kapamilya network, following her sister, Lauren Young. [But Lauren Young is now back again in the Kapuso network]. Megan is the first StarStruck alumna to transfer to GMA’s rival station.
She appeared in several shows on ABS-CBN, which include the youth oriented show “Star Magic Presents” Astigs and Abt Ur Luv, as well as in ‘Kokey,’ opposite Zanjoe Marudo. However, she became more famous for being one of the celebrity housemate in Pinoy Big Brother.
After PBB, she portrayed the villain Marcela in ‘I Love Betty La Fea’ remake opposite John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo.
In 2012, Young played the lead actress in ‘Hiyas’ with Zanjoe Marudo as her love interest. She has also starred in a few films, including ‘The Reunion’ opposite Xian Lim.
Before her venture to the world of pageant, she has done TV series in the Kapatid Network as well, a few of which are “Never Say Goodbye,” and “Misibis Bay.”
It is also important to note that this lady whose heart for her fellows in Olongapo is as big as the world, was also named one of the National Peace Ambassadors alongside other local personalities like Anne Curtis, Gerald Anderson, Mikael Daez, and apl.de.ap for Malacañang Palace’s “I Am For Peace” campaign in 2012.
Aren’t that enough for her to win one of the world’s top priced-crown? Well, she seems fit to the crown as it is very evident as she is showcasing the beauty of a Filipina since she started wearing the Miss World Philippines 2013 on August 18, 2013 at Solaire Resort & Casino.
As of this posting, Megan ranks first on the Miss World 2013 Poll conducted by beauty experts all over the world. She also continuously topping the online poll of the pageant, wherein the winner will be named as the “People’s Champion”. Megan is a finalist in various categories of the Miss World 2013 competition including Beach Fashion, Top 10 Model of the World, and Beauty with a Purpose.
Photos from Metro Magazine, Miss World Philippines.
Incoming search terms:
- megan lynne young miss world 2013
- biodata megan young
- biodata megan miss world
- biodata miss wolrd 2013
- biodata miss world 2014 megan lynne young
- film Megan Lynne Young
- megan young starstruck
- mogan lyne yong
- ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ Opens At No. 1 in PH with P67M Sales in 4 Days March 10, 2014
- Mike Tan believes ‘Kambal Sirena’ is the better mermaid TV series March 10, 2014
- Swimming Lessons To Get You Ready For Summer 2014 March 10, 2014
- Kim Chiu, Maja Salvador Reconciliation Seen March 8, 2014
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 With 239 Passengers ‘Missing’ March 8, 2014
- Gabriel Macht: Who Is He? March 7, 2014
- Hollywood Star Gabriel Macht to visit Ormoc for Project Wonderful March 7, 2014
- Creepy! Max Collins’ Doppelganger Captured In Photos During ‘Innamorata’ Taping February 26, 2014
- Drink Smart Ala-Slater Young February 24, 2014
- ‘Manny: The Movie’ to premiere at SXSW Film Festival in Texas February 23, 2014