AMIDST CONTROVERSIES being thrown at her, Miss World Philippines Megan Young won the most coveted Miss World 2013 Top Model award over 126 other contestants from around the world.
This was announced during this morning’s rehearsals, according to reliable fashion website GlobalBeauties.com (this is now up on the Miss World Website). Young bested the other nine other Top Model finalists, which included her top rivals Miss Brazil Sancler Frantz, Miss France Marine Lorphelin, and Miss UkraineAnna Zaiachkivska.
Other finalists that she just outshone were South Sudan’s Modong Manuela Mogga, Cameroon’s Denise Valerie Ayena, Cyprus’s Kristy Marie Agapioy, England’s Kirsty Heslewood, Italy’s Sarah Baderna and United States’ Olivia Jordan.
Moreover, Young placed fifth in the Beach Fashion challenge won by Miss World Brazil Sancler Frantz Konzen while the Philippines’ bet won fourth place in the Social Media competition won by Miss India Navneet Dhillon. It was the second year for India to win the award.
In another competition, where Young also made it to the Top 10, the Beauty With a Purpose competition was won byMiss Nepal Ishani Shrestha.
The coronation night will be held tomorrow night, September 28 in Bali, Indonesia. We will be doing live blogging here.
Photos from GlobalBeauties/Miss World.
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
Follow Us On Instagram
- Aj Ramos speaks up amidst video scandal October 6, 2014
- The Aj Ramos Scandal: Why Is Everyone Happy About It? October 6, 2014
- Donate Your Broken Phones, Help Build Classrooms in Aklan October 5, 2014
- Edward Benosa to conquer showbiz with original, soulful songs October 5, 2014
- #GEN3NextACT: The Artistically Designed Globe Stores October 5, 2014
- Globe brings back Free Facebook for postpaid, prepaid, TM subscribers October 4, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014’s award-winning ‘The Janitor’ to open in regular theaters October 8 October 4, 2014
- Hey Joe Show: New Humor Vlog Features Bisaya-Speaking Americans October 3, 2014
- Healthy Is Hot: The Ellen Adarna Banned TVC Hits The Web September 25, 2014
- Bench’ The Naked Truth Postponed September 19, 2014