Manila, Philippines – CONSIDERED AS the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year, Filipinos should get ready for Super Typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan), which has already entered the Philippine area of responsibility Thursday morning. It is expected to hit the country on Friday, November 8.
The Department of Science and Technology-PAG-ASA (DOST-PAG-ASA) has already issued warning at 3:26am today that moderate to occasional heavy rains will be affecting several Visayas and Mindanao provinces and will stay in the next 2-3 hours.
Yolanda is posing a serious danger to lives and property across the country as it has a maximum sustained winds of 240 kph (150 mph).
Accuweather.com report said the exceptionally dangerous storm has “strengthened into the strongest tropical system in the world for the 2013 season as estimated by wind speed and central pressure.”
Its strength is equivalent to a Category 5 or a strong Category 4 hurricane, reports said. Yolanda will cross over the Philippines till Friday night.
It will hit parts of Central Visayas and most of Luzon and Mindanao, including the greater Metro Manila area. Residents are advised to stay at home in safe, dry areas all day Friday. The typhoon will leave the PAR on Saturday morning on its way to Vietnam.
Click here for the list of areas to be affected by Typhoon Yolanda.
In Photo: Satellite imagery from DOST-Project NOAH as of 2:57 a.m. on Thursday, November 7, 2013.
We’ll try to keep this page updated. Will talk to you guys on Twitter @elysplanet.
Incoming search terms:
- when did typhoon yolanda hit the philippines
- when did yolanda hit the philippines
- yolanda typhoon in the Philippines
- when did typhoon yolanda hit philippines?
- when did yolanda go to philippines
- When did hurricane Yolanda hit
- when did yolanda typhoon
- when is typhoon yolanda new typhoon to hit philippines
- when was when did typhoon yolanda hit the philippines
- when was yolanda hit phillipines
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
- Cinemalaya 2014: Movie Entries, Synopsis, Schedule July 24, 2014
- Should you visit Boracay this rainy season July 21, 2014
- Fifth to be evicted from PBB: All-In after coming out as gay? July 20, 2014
- Nigeria’s Miss Sahhara is Eat Bulaga’s Super Sireyna Worldwide 2014 Winner July 19, 2014
- ‘Foosball’ Teaser Trailer Released July 16, 2014
- Black Butler: Best-selling Manga Series Now a Movie; Opens July 23 in SM Cinemas July 16, 2014
- Ballet Philippines’ 45th anniv kicks off with ‘La Revolucion Filipina’ July 16, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S Released in PH July 11, 2014
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals Now in PH July 8, 2014
- JASMINE trends worldwide, engages more viewers online July 6, 2014