Manila, Philippines – CONSIDERED AS the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year, Filipinos should get ready for Super Typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan), which has already entered the Philippine area of responsibility Thursday morning. It is expected to hit the country on Friday, November 8.
The Department of Science and Technology-PAG-ASA (DOST-PAG-ASA) has already issued warning at 3:26am today that moderate to occasional heavy rains will be affecting several Visayas and Mindanao provinces and will stay in the next 2-3 hours.
Yolanda is posing a serious danger to lives and property across the country as it has a maximum sustained winds of 240 kph (150 mph).
Accuweather.com report said the exceptionally dangerous storm has “strengthened into the strongest tropical system in the world for the 2013 season as estimated by wind speed and central pressure.”
Its strength is equivalent to a Category 5 or a strong Category 4 hurricane, reports said. Yolanda will cross over the Philippines till Friday night.
It will hit parts of Central Visayas and most of Luzon and Mindanao, including the greater Metro Manila area. Residents are advised to stay at home in safe, dry areas all day Friday. The typhoon will leave the PAR on Saturday morning on its way to Vietnam.
Click here for the list of areas to be affected by Typhoon Yolanda.
In Photo: Satellite imagery from DOST-Project NOAH as of 2:57 a.m. on Thursday, November 7, 2013.
We’ll try to keep this page updated. Will talk to you guys on Twitter @elysplanet.
Incoming search terms:
- when did typhoon yolanda hit the philippines
- when did yolanda hit the philippines
- yolanda typhoon in the Philippines
- typhoon yolanda images
- super typhoon yolanda
- where did typhoon yolanda hit
- typhon yolanda
- what time did typhoon yolanda hit the philippines
- when did typhoon yolanda hit
- when did typhoon yolanda hit philippenes
- Bela Padilla conquers Singapore’s showbiz scene March 11, 2014
- ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ Opens At No. 1 in PH with P67M Sales in 4 Days March 10, 2014
- Mike Tan believes ‘Kambal Sirena’ is the better mermaid TV series March 10, 2014
- Swimming Lessons To Get You Ready For Summer 2014 March 10, 2014
- Kim Chiu, Maja Salvador Reconciliation Seen March 8, 2014
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 With 239 Passengers ‘Missing’ March 8, 2014
- Gabriel Macht: Who Is He? March 7, 2014
- Hollywood Star Gabriel Macht to visit Ormoc for Project Wonderful March 7, 2014
- Creepy! Max Collins’ Doppelganger Captured In Photos During ‘Innamorata’ Taping February 26, 2014
- Drink Smart Ala-Slater Young February 24, 2014