Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2013 is just a week from now and its either we’re excited for one whole week of local films or annoyed of the fact that we won’t have other options but watch crap during the most loved Holidays in our lives.
But just in case you’re supporting a film or two or your favorite actors for this year’s MMFF, here are the complete list of entries with their trailers and synopsis for your perusal.
Here are the trailers. Since its announcement in June, two films were pulled out and two lead actors were replaced.
1. Kimmy Dora ang Kiyemeng Prequel by Spring Films Inc. stars Eugene Domingo and Sam Milby. Milby replaced original leading man, Piolo Pascual due to conflict on schedule. Pascual is co-producer of the film, which two previous installations were box-office hits.
2. San Pedro Calungsod, Batang Martir by Hubo Productions orinally cast JM de Guzman as lead actor but he was replaced by Roco Nacino as he was pulled out by his father due to “health reasons”. Reports say that the actor is now resting in their home after a few months inside the rehab.
3. 10,000 Hours stars Robin Padilla and Alden Richards and produced by the Philippine Film Studio Inc. Said to be based on the life of Senator Panfilo Lacson, this is one film for the action lovers out there. Shot in various country and directed by Joyce Bernal, the film offers some beautiful landscapes for the moviegoers.
4. ‘Pagpag: Siyam Na Buhay’ is a collaboration of three film outfits ABSCBN Film Productions, Skylight Films And Regal Films. The only horror film this year (yup, Shake, Rattle and Roll is dead), it stars the most popular love team of this generation, Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo.
5. My Little Bossings by Octoarts, MZET, Apt and Kris Aquino Prod. It stars Vic Sotto, Kris Aquino, Bimby Aquino and Ryzza Mae Dizon. In our recent blog conference with the stars, Sotto said this is one of the best films in this year’s festival written by Bibeth Orteza.
6. Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy by Viva Films and Star Cinema stars Vice Ganda. Directed by Wenn Deramas, the film is expected to be hitting the biggest in the box office this year.
7. Kaleidoscope World by Melcor Enterprises stars young stars Sef Cadayona, Yassi Pressman, Elmo Magalona, Diva Montelaba, Steven Silva and Enzo Pineda, purely GMA artists. The only one that tackles about youth’s lives, I personally am expecting a lot from this film.
8. Boy Golden by Scenema Concept Intl. stars former Laguna Governor E.R. Ejercito and KC Concepcion. Ejercito was a nominee at last year’s MMFF for his portrayal of a Filipino hero, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo. He lost to Dingdong Dantes of the controversial ‘ONE MORE TRY.’
Two films were pulled out earlier this year.
One is ‘Be Careful with my Heart’ of ABSCBN Film Productions with Richard Yap and Jodi Sta. Maria. This is supposedly a film-counterpart of the hit ABS-CBN morning series. Since, the series is still on going, they pulled out the movie due to schedule constraints.
The second film is ‘My Super Kap’ of Imus Productions Inc. supposedly starring the controversial actor-senator Bong Revilla. The movie was suppose to star AiAi delas Alas and Toni Gonzaga. They cited conflicting schedules of its lead actresses as the reason for pulling out but we would like to think that it’s because the Producer/Lead Actor is under investigation for the so-called Napoles and Pork Barrel Scam.
We don’t promise to watch and review all the films for like some of you, we don’t wanna spend our most precious time on crappy movies too. However, just in case we got bored and have nothing to do and writing honest-to-goodness reviews even if it means collecting more haters is the only option, we will go to the movie house, line up to buy tickets and post our reviews on this blog. Note: emphasis on JUST IN CASE.
Incoming search terms:
- metro manila film festival 2013
- manila film festival 2013
- metro manila film festival 2013 box office
- mmff 2013 movies
- metro manila film festival 2014
- 2013 box office result metro manila flmfestival
- metro manila film festival 2014 movies list
- mmff 2013 list of movies
- metro manila film fest 2013 list of movies
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for MacMall.com, one of the top Apple resellers in the US. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as Web Manager of the Philippine Press Institute.
April 19, 2014
April 13, 2014
April 13, 2014
April 4, 2014
- 5 Reasons To Watch ‘Diary Ng Panget’ Movie April 19, 2014
- Travel Deals: Palawan Tour Packages 2014 April 19, 2014
- World’s Toughest Job: This Video Will Make You Cry April 16, 2014
- Menarini launches ‘Commit to Control PE’ advocacy for couples April 15, 2014
- To Dine Is To Love: A Return To Mesa-Clark April 13, 2014
- Manny Pacquiao gives Timothy Bradley his first loss April 13, 2014
- Chase the Sun with Wrangler & win an ultimate adventure April 12, 2014
- Marian Rivera’s Carmela Extended For 3 Weeks April 4, 2014
- Anne Curtis Hospitalized Due To Box Jellyfish Attack April 4, 2014
- Gilas Pilipinas vs PBA All Star selection highlights the PBA All Star Week on TV5 and AksyonTV April 4, 2014