MANILA, Philippines – Filipina caregiver Rose Fostanes is now officially a TV star as she was declared winner of the first season of “X Factor Israel” on Tuesday (Wednesday morning, January 15 in Manila).
During the live finale show, Fostanes belted over Frank Sinatra classic “My Way” with an orchestra, which received standing ovation from the judges and studio audience and admiration from people in the social media.
“Thank you so much for those Israeli who like my voice…thank you for giving me the chance to be in the X Factor Israel,” Fostanes said after she won. Fostanes also thanked the thousands of Filipinos who supported her.
Her mentor, Shiri Maimon told her, “I love you, I’m so proud of you.” Maimon performed with her after she landed on the Top 3 for a duet over Alicia Keys hit song, “If I Ain’t Got You.”
Fostanes’ younger sister, Nancy, and partner, Mel Adel were present during the finals night as they were brought to Israel by the show. Supporters from the Filipino community attended the final night as well.
The 47-year-old overseas Filipino worker (OFW) was part of the show’s “Over 25s” category.
Second place winner was Eden Ben Zaken (Girls category), and third was Ori Shakiv (Boys category).
Fostanes told Reuters in an interview that she didn’t think Israelis won’t vote for her. But she was thankful that they helped her stay in the competition till the finale.
Among her breakthrough performances were “You and I” by Lady Gaga; Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful”; and Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing”. She got into the competition after singing Shirley Bassey song, “This is my life.”
Fostanes also told Reuters she hopes her stardom would help raise awareness about the country’s foreign workers and their problems. There are about 20,000 Filipinos working in the country.
Kudos to you, Rose!
Incoming search terms:
- rose fostanes
- Israel x factor 2014 final night
- x factor 2014 winner placements
- the voice winner Rose Fostanes
- rose fostano xfactor winner
- rose fostanes march 15 2014
- israel exfactor 2014
- rose exfactor esrael
- pinay rose fostanes
- pinay caregiver exfactor istrael
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for MacMall.com, one of the top Apple resellers in the US. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as Web Manager of the Philippine Press Institute.
April 19, 2014
April 13, 2014
April 13, 2014
- Stay Cool! Wrangler’s Sun Chaser Instagram Promo Now On Its 2nd Week April 21, 2014
- 5 Reasons To Watch ‘Diary Ng Panget’ Movie April 19, 2014
- Travel Deals: Palawan Tour Packages 2014 April 19, 2014
- World’s Toughest Job: This Video Will Make You Cry April 16, 2014
- Menarini launches ‘Commit to Control PE’ advocacy for couples April 15, 2014
- To Dine Is To Love: A Return To Mesa-Clark April 13, 2014
- Manny Pacquiao gives Timothy Bradley his first loss April 13, 2014
- Chase the Sun with Wrangler & win an ultimate adventure April 12, 2014
- Marian Rivera’s Carmela Extended For 3 Weeks April 4, 2014
- Anne Curtis Hospitalized Due To Box Jellyfish Attack April 4, 2014