MANILA, Philippines – Filipina caregiver Rose Fostanes is now officially a TV star as she was declared winner of the first season of “X Factor Israel” on Tuesday (Wednesday morning, January 15 in Manila).
During the live finale show, Fostanes belted over Frank Sinatra classic “My Way” with an orchestra, which received standing ovation from the judges and studio audience and admiration from people in the social media.
“Thank you so much for those Israeli who like my voice…thank you for giving me the chance to be in the X Factor Israel,” Fostanes said after she won. Fostanes also thanked the thousands of Filipinos who supported her.
Her mentor, Shiri Maimon told her, “I love you, I’m so proud of you.” Maimon performed with her after she landed on the Top 3 for a duet over Alicia Keys hit song, “If I Ain’t Got You.”
Fostanes’ younger sister, Nancy, and partner, Mel Adel were present during the finals night as they were brought to Israel by the show. Supporters from the Filipino community attended the final night as well.
The 47-year-old overseas Filipino worker (OFW) was part of the show’s “Over 25s” category.
Second place winner was Eden Ben Zaken (Girls category), and third was Ori Shakiv (Boys category).
Fostanes told Reuters in an interview that she didn’t think Israelis won’t vote for her. But she was thankful that they helped her stay in the competition till the finale.
Among her breakthrough performances were “You and I” by Lady Gaga; Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful”; and Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing”. She got into the competition after singing Shirley Bassey song, “This is my life.”
Fostanes also told Reuters she hopes her stardom would help raise awareness about the country’s foreign workers and their problems. There are about 20,000 Filipinos working in the country.
Kudos to you, Rose!
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
September 8, 2014
September 5, 2014
September 3, 2014
September 3, 2014
Follow Us On Instagram
- Misters of the Philippines 2014 Winners September 8, 2014
- Janine, Elmo to grace GMA Network’s prime time with ‘More Than Words’ September 5, 2014
- Driving Around Town with Chevrolet Sonic September 3, 2014
- Canon releases new portable projectors to meet growing demand September 3, 2014
- Top 12 Contenders for Misters of the Philippines 2014 September 3, 2014
- A dream-come-true for 5 lucky basketball fans September 3, 2014
- ‘SHREK The Musical’ to come to Manila this September September 2, 2014
- The Naked Truth: How to score a ticket to the Bench Fashion Show 2014 August 19, 2014
- Dutertes slap Ramon Bautista with a call for ‘Persona Non Grata’ over ‘Hipon’ comment August 17, 2014
- Dennis Trillo challenged to do extreme sports, life-threatening stunts in a new TV series? August 15, 2014