MANILA, Philippines – Filipina caregiver Rose Fostanes is now officially a TV star as she was declared winner of the first season of “X Factor Israel” on Tuesday (Wednesday morning, January 15 in Manila).
During the live finale show, Fostanes belted over Frank Sinatra classic “My Way” with an orchestra, which received standing ovation from the judges and studio audience and admiration from people in the social media.
“Thank you so much for those Israeli who like my voice…thank you for giving me the chance to be in the X Factor Israel,” Fostanes said after she won. Fostanes also thanked the thousands of Filipinos who supported her.
Her mentor, Shiri Maimon told her, “I love you, I’m so proud of you.” Maimon performed with her after she landed on the Top 3 for a duet over Alicia Keys hit song, “If I Ain’t Got You.”
Fostanes’ younger sister, Nancy, and partner, Mel Adel were present during the finals night as they were brought to Israel by the show. Supporters from the Filipino community attended the final night as well.
The 47-year-old overseas Filipino worker (OFW) was part of the show’s “Over 25s” category.
Second place winner was Eden Ben Zaken (Girls category), and third was Ori Shakiv (Boys category).
Fostanes told Reuters in an interview that she didn’t think Israelis won’t vote for her. But she was thankful that they helped her stay in the competition till the finale.
Among her breakthrough performances were “You and I” by Lady Gaga; Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful”; and Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing”. She got into the competition after singing Shirley Bassey song, “This is my life.”
Fostanes also told Reuters she hopes her stardom would help raise awareness about the country’s foreign workers and their problems. There are about 20,000 Filipinos working in the country.
Kudos to you, Rose!
Ely Valendez is an award-winning blogger-journalist based in the Philippines. He handles several social media marketing projects for various brands in his home country as well as for a US-based IT/e-commerce company, PCM where he works full time. He uses his spare time doing financial consultancy for a UK-based company. He also sits as member of the Board of Directors of the Philippines Communication Society and serves as a web manager and resource person of the Philippine Press Institute.
October 6, 2014
October 5, 2014
October 5, 2014
October 5, 2014
Follow Us On Instagram
- Aj Ramos speaks up amidst video scandal October 6, 2014
- The Aj Ramos Scandal: Why Is Everyone Happy About It? October 6, 2014
- Donate Your Broken Phones, Help Build Classrooms in Aklan October 5, 2014
- Edward Benosa to conquer showbiz with original, soulful songs October 5, 2014
- #GEN3NextACT: The Artistically Designed Globe Stores October 5, 2014
- Globe brings back Free Facebook for postpaid, prepaid, TM subscribers October 4, 2014
- Cinemalaya 2014’s award-winning ‘The Janitor’ to open in regular theaters October 8 October 4, 2014
- Hey Joe Show: New Humor Vlog Features Bisaya-Speaking Americans October 3, 2014
- Healthy Is Hot: The Ellen Adarna Banned TVC Hits The Web September 25, 2014
- Bench’ The Naked Truth Postponed September 19, 2014